These days it feels like everyone is an expert!
There are countless blogs, websites and articles online now and being published every single day.
How can you compete? How will your ideas be heard?
Right now, as I write this article, there is a 74 Million WordPress website online now. That’s is a lot of noise. [https://managewp.com/blog/14-surprising-statistics-about-wordpress-usage]
But… the good news is that you can overcome this. Many websites are basically junk sites with little or no content, many are spammy and many just aren’t updated.
Why use content marketing to show you are an industry expert
Writing new content for your website on a consistent basis is key. Google (if Google does it other search engines do it too) loves new content. New content shows Google you are serious about your website. Your website will rank higher than sites that do not update with new content.
You may not know everything about everything, but if you focus your scope on what you do know and what you’re interested in learning more about, you can quickly become an expert online.
The first step, start a business blog on your website. Our goal as an online marketing company is to help your website get found online and to produce social media assets that you can use over and over. Producing new content is King but you don’t have to do everything all at once instead, start with small steps.
Create a content publishing schedule with small easy to digest articles. Something like top list blogs, like this post: Top 5 Benefits to using a Foam Roller. [https://apexptwellness.com/5-benefits-for-using-a-foam-roller/]
This is a simple, short article written by a physical therapist and is shared with their patients. Another short-form article like that is a “Why” article. Like this one [https://oracbeverages.com/why-recycling-matters/]
It’s short, sweet, and to the point. This blog artic and topic is relevant to this company’s mission of being an advocate for the Earth and a healthy planet.
Make sure your articles are doing a few things:
- Are relevant to your expertise, keep the topics on your blog narrowed down and focused on a few related topics. Google likes deep content and will rank a website higher if your range of subject matter is narrow. But, you can expand to other topics if they are relevant to your business and important to your customers or you can make them a new article.
- Write for people first, in the end, you need to connect with your readers, customers, or your audience. Avoid writing articles that are too spammy because your focus is SEO only.
- Use pictures or better yet videos, its more difficult to include more media into your articles, but it’s worth it. Readers like to see what you’re talking about and many people love to watch video on their phones. As an added bonus, you can optimize both for better search results.
- Use infographics, these are a great way to show data quickly. They can also be shared and distributed to other websites to generate a backlink [link to another blog article] to your site.
- Cite your sources, you can’t be an expert in everything. Even if they link to a competitor. This shows that you’re not afraid to admit that you need backup. And they provide a great link the customer can follow to learn more. Just make sure you use “open in a new tab” option when your link goes off your site.
Getting started with these tips is easy, but our Content and Social Media Management services can help. Contact us for an initial meeting.
Create Top-Quality Landing Pages with Our Expert Team
If you want help creating world-class landing pages for your website, contact the expert team at Nufire Marketing. We’ll enhance your website and create optimized pages that increase your chances of seeing high-quality, effective leads.
From business coaching to WordPress hosting, we are ready to help improve your online presence!